Saturday, October 29, 2011

Is Quilting Therapeutic?

Pinterest via houzz.com
For me, most of the time, it gives me a bit of tranquility in an otherwise hectic day.  The optimal place for me is laying in the above hammock in a beautiful tropical location.  But, since that only happens once a year (if I'm lucky, and it's only an Atlantic Ocean beach) I have to settle on finding tranquility in the everyday moments.  Sewing can do that for me.  Maybe that sounds crazy to some, but being able to create amazing things out of scraps of fabric really is like therapy. 

Does anyone else feel that way? 

2 comments:

  1. though i wish to be at a resort in the Maldives i do really love making something essentially out of nothing. i find scrap quilting really freeing. i hand cut and don't measure and just make whatever wants to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,
    there are a few things out there that are therapeutic.... and good for us.....
    quilting, patchings.... is just one of the many things like it...
    keep on therapeuting!!!!
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete